[Catalyst] ConfigLoader trouble

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Jun 18 07:57:05 GMT 2009

On 17 Jun 2009, at 11:16, Ben Vinnerd wrote:

> It's like ConfigLoader's setup() isn't being run, or it's choosing
> to ignore the MYAPP_CONFIG_LOCAL_SUFFIX i'm setting.

I'm afraid the best way to debug this is likely to be brute force.

Copy your apache config somewhere, mangle it to only run 1 child
process, then try to start the app with strace -f, pipe the stdout
and stderr to a file.

You can then grep through that file for instances of myapp_.*\.(conf|
yml|whatever).

This should help you build a mental model of how it's going wrong
(e.g. looking for the wrong filename, looking in the wrong place,
just not looking etc).

One you know what it's doing wrong in more detail then it'll be
easier to work out how to debug/fix.

Cheers
t0m