[Catalyst] Clean access to config from outside Cat?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Thu Jun 18 14:31:40 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 01:51:28PM +0100, Peter Edwards wrote:
> 2009/6/18 Jesse Sheidlower <jester at panix.com>
>
> > Basically, I have a standard Catalyst config file, where
> > the database connection section looks like this:

[...]

> > I'd like to get access to this information from a script
> > running outside of Catalyst. How can I do this cleanly?
> >

> Hi Jesse, I wrote an advent calendar article on this (bit out of date, but
> should do)

Thanks, Peter. This is interesting, and I think I'll use this
for something or other.

But in this case, it doesn't really address the main question,
which is that fishing this variable out of the haze in which
it's currently in in the config file is a PITA.

Thinking about it since I sent the original message, though, I
think I will put them into variables that I will interpolate.

Jesse Sheidlower