[Catalyst] address mismatch warnings?

Stuart Watt swatt at infobal.com
Fri Jun 19 15:47:34 GMT 2009

This does happen, most commonly when a site uses a load-balancing proxy =

setup. According to the docs, this should not be happening by default, =

but is enabled through the verify_address key for the session =

configuration. On larger sites I've worked with, I ended up turning off =

IP address verification as it was causing more problems than it was =

worth (repeated login prompts). See the Caveats in the perldoc for =

Catalyst::Plugin::Session.

All the best
Stuart

Phil Mitchell wrote:
> I am getting a surprising number of these warnings in the error logs:
>
> Deleting session b00b8b9d82da06a738cd7fe4d57760d8a8d69cd5 due to =

> address mismatch (146.229.203.46 !=3D 64.255.180.21)
>
> Is this something I should be concerned about? I've never really known =

> how this is possible (client IP changes? user is roaming?)

-- =

Stuart Watt
ARM Product Developer
Information Balance