[Catalyst] "Use of uninitialized value $buffer" error

Merlyn Kline merlyn at zynet.net
Fri Jun 26 16:06:29 GMT 2009

> > being. Basically, though, the obvious proximal cause of this would be
> > calling the write method with no parameter. This might seem an
[snip]

> I'm afraid this isn't too helpful for me at least; in this
> case I'm just an end user, not doing anything fancy here, so

Presumably you *aren't*, in fact, calling the write method with no
parameters (or an undef), accidentally or otherwise?

Or perhaps another way to trigger this would be to set some headers and then
never call the write method, so the attempt to flush the headers would end
up in the code you cited with no buffer defined.

Merlyn