[Catalyst] Re: Warnings when upgrading Catalyst

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Mon Jun 29 23:01:57 GMT 2009

On 29 Jun 2009, at 11:40, George Nistorica wrote:

> Tomas Doran wrote:
>> Hmm, I can't replicate this in a simple case, from that description..
>
> Here: http://www.depechemode.ro/MyApp-0.1.tar.gz
> a simple TestApp using Catalyst::Controller::REST to replicate the
> problem, having Catalyst 5.80005 installed.

Aha, this was very helpful, thank you.

The issue is inside Action::REST. Specifically, you could only
trigger it inside the 'action_GET' type methods.

I've had a fiddle with it so that the REST actions come up in stats,
and fixed the warning on the way:

http://github.com/bobtfish/catalyst-action-rest/commit/
679978b1f8a1f309ff7c11ea0a744f8b1fe22d5a

This isn't ready to integrate yet, I think I probably need to rewrite
it all to be less fugly when I've got a clear head, but it does the job.

Can you check it out and confirm that this fixes the warnings for you?

I guess I should also go fix the warning in Catalyst, and get the
stats to display properly without this patch - but that is at best
papering over the cracks :)

 From your original mail, you said:
> that worked for me, and now the debug output shows the profiling
> for the
> methods I ->forward() to as well:
>
> the methods from another Controller to which I forward to, where
> missing
> from the profiling output, getting that warning instead.

I can't see any methods missing from the stats table with / without
this patch when using your supplied testapp however.

Can you retry with the latest version of Catalyst so see if you can
replicate this behavior once again, before we kill the warning and
forget about this?

Cheers
t0m