[Catalyst] Warnings when upgrading Catalyst

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jun 30 20:51:15 GMT 2009

On 25 Jun 2009, at 10:57, Ovid wrote:
> --- On Wed, 24/6/09, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:
>
>> From: Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>
>>
>> Also, you're in debug mode.. Do you get the
>> warnings when debug mode is disabled?
>
> Cool!  When I disable debug mode, the warnings go away.  Never
> thought to look at that.  This makes me feel much more confident
> that we don't have a bug in our code.  Still, we run tests in debug
> mode and we don't want our test suite spewing warnings lest we
> start ignoring them.

So, looking back into your Dumper output, I guess that you're seeing
this as you're using Catalyst::Action::REST, and you're doing a
forward from an action_METHOD type sub?

If so, here's your fixes:

http://github.com/bobtfish/catalyst-action-rest/commit/
679978b1f8a1f309ff7c11ea0a744f8b1fe22d5a
http://github.com/bobtfish/catalyst-action-rest/tarball/
fixes_5_80_forward_stats_warnings

Please confirm if I'm right in my guessing and this works for you, or
if not - I think the next thing to do is get a stack trace so we can
better guess why we're getting there..

Can you do something cheesy like:

BEGIN: { $SIG{__WARN__} = Carp::cluck };

in MyApp.pm and give us the stack trace and debug output for a hit
which warns?

Cheers
t0m