[Catalyst] Can't locate method ??? via MyApp

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Mar 3 19:21:03 GMT 2009

On 3 Mar 2009, at 10:22, Dermot wrote:
>> all of its
>> parent nodes.
>
> Is this because of use base? I was under the impression that the
> inheritance search would go up to the parent.

Correct, but MyApp::Model::Foo ISA Catalyst::Model::Foo, which ISA
Catalyst::Model, which ISA Catalyst::Component

No MyApp or Catalyst involved, ergo they're not loaded.

> I guess -c doesn't checks for methods actually exist.

No, I'm just being dumb - all the code calling MyApp is runtime code,
and -c only parses the file and runs compile time code (i..e code
inside BEGIN blocks).

So please excuse me for talking (partially) rubbish when I was pre-
coffee this morning ;)

Cheers
t0m