[Catalyst] OT: edit/add seperate actions?

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Tue Mar 3 21:27:47 GMT 2009

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote on 03/03/2009 02:53 PM:

>> If you use CatalystX::CRUD::REST, you can do:
>>
>>    # POST      /foo                -> create new record
>>    # GET       /foo                -> list all records
>>    # PUT       /foo/<pk>           -> update record
>>    # DELETE    /foo/<pk>           -> delete record
>>    # GET       /foo/<pk>           -> view record
>>    # GET       /foo/<pk>/edit_form -> edit record form
>>    # GET       /foo/create_form    -> create record form
>>
>> CatalystX::CRUD::REST uses the C::R::REST::ForBrowsers feature of
>> 'x-tunneled-method' param to support PUT and DELETE via POST.
>
> And where do the forms submit?  I mean what is their action address?
> Do they submit to themselves - or does edit_form submit to
> /foo/<pk>?x-tunneled-method=PUT and create to /foo both with POST
> method?  And it is the second - then what do you do when the form
> parameters are incorrect and you need to redisplay the form?

using the CXC REST API:

if you GET /foo/1234, then you must PUT /foo/1234 to save it.
(or POST /foo/1234?x-tunneled-method=PUT  -- although I always put the
x-tunneled-method value in a hidden input body param, not as part of the
URL).

if you GET /foo/create_form, then you must POST /foo.

When the form is redisplayed on validation error, it just retains the
original action.

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/