[Catalyst] Re: In search of RESTful CRUD holy grail

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Wed Mar 4 22:19:22 GMT 2009

Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote on 03/04/2009 02:12 PM:
> * Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> [2009-03-04 13:30]:
>> CatalystX::CRUD::REST has a well described RESTful URI
>> structure: […] I think everyone will agree that this is
>> indeed REST.
>
> URI structures and REST are completely ortogonal. That statement
> is about as meaningful as saying that a URI structure is Perlish.

Aristotle,

You have written[0] a lot about REST. I listen when you do.

When I hear "RESTful URL" I interpret that as "URI-as-a-noun" (or more
negatively-defined, "URI-with-no-verbs").

Perhaps we should use something like "REST-friendly URL"?

[0] e.g.,
http://www.mail-archive.com/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org/msg01712.html

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/