[Catalyst] In search of RESTful CRUD holy grail

Johan Lindström johanl at DarSerMan.com
Thu Mar 5 00:21:08 GMT 2009

At 12:25 2009-03-04, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
>This might be a futile mission - but I think I learn something with
>each recurrence of this discussion.  So let's restart it once again.
>
>CatalystX::CRUD::REST has a well described RESTful URI structure:
... snip ...
>     # PUT           /foo/<pk>           -> update record

Extremely minor point, but in a RESTish interface (unrelated to any
specific module) a PUT could also result in a create (as opposed to
an update). It's entirely possible to have a resource which an
external party issues PKs for. Then they would use PUT /foo/123 to
create (and update) the 123 resource.

(It's probably more common for resources to have their PKs issued by
the system, and be created with a POST.)

/J