[Catalyst] catamoose now or when?

Devin Austin devin.austin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:24:35 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Elliot Finley <lists at efinley.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I'm starting a new web app project that I need to deploy in about 2
> months.  There will be ongoing updates to this app as time goes by. I'm n=
ew
> to catalyst/moose/dbic but a long time Perl hacker.
>
>     Considering the above, would I be better off starting with 5.71 or 5.=
8?

> TIA,
> Elliot

> Searchable archive:

You can certainly Moosify your apps. 5.8 has a lot of fixes in both the
underlying engine stuff and coding conventions. I'd recommend 5.8 since it's
newer/shinier and relatively stable.

Please, do correct me if I'm incorrect though.

-- =

Devin Austin
http://www.codedright.net
http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?326568/hosting.html - Host with DreamHost!