[Catalyst] Catalyst - any good AJAX tutes?

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 10:23:04 GMT 2009

On 06/03/2009, at 8:56 PM, Chisel Wright wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 04:43:36PM +1100, kakimoto at tpg.com.au wrote:
>> I would like to use AJAX in my catalyst app. Any good references/
>> tutes
>> to recommend?
>
> It's just like using ajax anywhere else. Find a library you like, and
> start using it.
>
> I've settled on YUI, but a quick google will reveal many other
> libraries. (script.aculo.us, dojo, jquery, ...)

I seem to recall the last time I did any ajaj-ey stuff it was to
render a json tree to the browser using DBIx::Class::Tree and
serialising it to JSON.  The only tricky thing for me was remembering
how to use javascript again (I don't do much js).  After that it was
just a matter of using Catalyst::View::JSON to send the tree to the
browser.  Really not much to it at all.