[Catalyst] catamoose now or when?

Guillermo Roditi groditi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:37:21 GMT 2009

As one of the developers of Catalyst 5.8 and someone well-acquainted with
both Moose and Catalyst and the Moose port of Catalyst, I would advise you
to develop on 5.71, for 5.71 and keep an alternate test environment on which
to test against 5.8. Once 5.8 is released and is on CPAN, go ahead and start
developing for that. Until then, I wouldn't rush, back compat is there and
you really do not want to have an app require something that is not on CPAN.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Elliot Finley <lists at efinley.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I'm starting a new web app project that I need to deploy in about 2
> months.  There will be ongoing updates to this app as time goes by. I'm n=
ew
> to catalyst/moose/dbic but a long time Perl hacker.
>
>     Considering the above, would I be better off starting with 5.71 or 5.=
8?

> TIA,
> Elliot

> Searchable archive: