[Catalyst] Authentication Confusion

Ruan Kendall shearwater+catalyst at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 12:19:34 GMT 2009

So, I'm attempting to make use of
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Htpasswd. I've added the following
stuff to my config file:

<authentication>
        default_realm MyApp
        <realms>
                <MyApp>
                        <credential>
                                class Password
                                password_type self_check
                        </credential>
                        <store>
                                class Htpasswd
                                file passwd
                        </store>
                </MyApp>
        </realms>
</authentication>

as the CPAN page for the module suggested. Only when I run
script/MyApp_server.pl, it falls over with this error:

no file specified at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication/Store/Htpasswd/Backend.pm
line 17
Compilation failed in require at script/MyApp_server.pl line 55.

Now, I didn't ask to use the Plugin version... as far as I can tell
the non-Plugin Htpasswd is siginifcantly newer. I can only imagine
that the older one was hanging around from my previous forays into
catalyst development. The MyApp.pm file contains this:

use Catalyst qw/-Debug
                ConfigLoader
                Static::Simple

                Authentication
                Authentication::Credential::Password
                Authentication::Store::Htpasswd

                Session Session::Store::FastMmap
                Session::State::Cookie/;

So my question is, how can I stop it trying to load the older and
unwanted version of the module? I'm not particularly familiar with the
workings of CPAN, so my ham handed attempts to destroy the older
module caused far more errors.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

  - Ruan