[Catalyst] Catalyst - can't find Can't locate DBIx/Class/TimeStamp.pm in @INC ( have both perl 5.8.8 and 5.8.9 installed)

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 10 10:59:04 GMT 2009

hi , everyone,

  I installed DBIx::Class::TimeStamp  successfully.
 I nevertheless have both perl 5.8.8 and 5.8.9 in my machine. I think it
was when I ran apt-get on my ubuntu feisty box months ago "apt-get
install perl" (yes,itchy fingers) and it installed perl 5.8.9.

This is what I get when i run "which perl":
> which perl
> /usr/local/bin/perl

When I run

Scenario 1:
==========
./myapp_server.pl , it dies barfing that it  Can't locate
DBIx/Class/TimeStamp.pm in @INC. One of the paths in @INC points to perl
5.8.8 and nothing points to 5.8.9.

When I did I find for the DBIx/Class/TimeStamp.pm file, it was found in
"usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/DBIx/Class/TimeStamp.pm"

Scenario 2:

perl myapp_server.pl runs alright.

Question:
=======

  how do I  still keep running ./myapp_server.pl (by itself and not by
having to prepend 'perl' like in Scenario #2) ?

Thanks