[Catalyst] Problem with static model in Tutorial::MoreCatalystBasics

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 14:21:31 GMT 2009

On 11 Mar 2009, at 13:59, J. Shirley wrote:

> The line in the tutorial to create the static files is this:
>     $ script/myapp_create.pl model DB DBIC::Schema MyApp::Schema
> create=static dbi:SQLite:myapp.db
>
> I don't see where you got 'Result' as part of the class name.

yes thats the command I used.

In fact I have just noticed, it is mentioned in the next tutorial
(BasicCRUD.pod). It is now recommended to use load_namespaces to load
the classes from lib/MyApp/Schema.pm; this looks in lib/MyApp/Schema/
Result for the Result Class files.

However, this was the default behaviour when I installed DBIC and
Catalyst, so i guess the question is, is this section ("Convert to
DBIC "load_namespaces" in BasicCRUD.pod) still needed in the Tutorial?

thanks again

adam