[Catalyst] reconnecting the DB model using a different DB account

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Mar 11 16:03:30 GMT 2009

Karl Forner wrote:
> The problem is that I get error messages
> [error] DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ensure_connected(): DBI Connection
> failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME (Linux) env var  or
> PATH (Windows) and or NLS settings, permissions, etc.
>
> I have tried using directly the DBI dbh but with the same results.
So you're saying if you just do this using DBI, you have the same issue?

I don't think the Catalyst list is the place to get help on this one.
You _may_ have more luck on the DBIC list, but if it happens in raw DBI,
then you're better off talking to the maintainer of the DBD driver
you're using, as the issue will be at that level.

Cheers
t0m