[Catalyst] Catalyst and ExtJS

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Sun Mar 15 11:14:39 GMT 2009

> Adam Witney wrote on 3/14/09 9:36 AM:
> > I was thinking about using Catalyst and ExtJS, does anyone have any
> > experience or know if they will play nicely together? Doing some
> > googling implies that this is not a popular combination due to the
> > limited information

It's really pretty straightforward and I've written a number of commercial
apps using it.
ExtJS lets you set up data sources, you hook these up to Catalyst REST JSON
providers.
You can use HTML::FormFu or your own templates to build the forms.

I wrote a getting started Advent calendar entry:
http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2007/1

Its example app is in the Catalyst repo
$ svn co
http://dev.catalystframework.org/repos/Catalyst/trunk/examples/ExtJS

It is out of date (uses ExtJS 1.1) but should be enough to give you the
general idea.

Cheers,
Peter
http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk