[Catalyst] command in Catalyst tute part 4 for generating schema files (static creation) using DBIx::Class::TimeStamp needs to be updated

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 10:42:26 GMT 2009

>> kakimoto at moomba-water-fest:~/projects/myApp/script$ ./myApp_create.pl
>> model myAppDB DBIC::Schema myApp::Schema create=static
>> components=TimeStamp
>> dbi:Pg:dbname=myApp:Username=test_user:Password=password11
>>  exists "/home/kakimoto/projects/myApp/script/../lib/myApp/Model"
>>  exists "/home/kakimoto/projects/myApp/script/../t"
>>  DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::make_schema_at(): DBI Connection
>> failed:
>> Can't connect to data source 'components=TimeStamp' because I can't
>> work
>> out what driver to use (it doesn't seem to contain a 'dbi:driver:'
>> prefix and the DBI_DRIVER env var is not set) at
>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 839

If the above error is still causing problems, I had issues getting the
format of the connection string right also, but in the end i found
that this format worked:

script/myapp_create.pl model DB DBIC::Schema MyApp::Schema
create=static components=TimeStamp 'dbi:Pg:dbname=myApp' user password

HTH

adam