[Catalyst] how to authenticate using database users

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 18 15:51:51 GMT 2009

Hi,

Our database uses actual database users rather than a table containing
usernames and password. How would I authenticate against the database
itself? The examples I have come across in the Tutorial and various
Catalyst::Authentication::* modules all seem to require the presence
of a table containing username and password fields.

I guess I could write my own authenticate method that performed a
manual dbh connection somehow... but I was wondering if there was a
more standard/recommended way to do this?

thanks for any help

adam