[Catalyst] command in Catalyst tute part 4 for generating schema files (static creation) using DBIx::Class::TimeStamp needs tobeupdated

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 16:30:20 GMT 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Octavian Râsnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kennedy
>
> Yes it works that way, but it doesn't create the Result directory and it
> doesn't store the result classes in it. It just updates the old classes.
> But if I delete the old classes, or at least the old schema class, it
> creates the "Result" directory and put them in it, and it also creates the
> new schema class which uses load_namespaces().
> But in this second case, it doesn't remember what was after "do not modify
> this or anything above" in the result classes, and the update should be done
> manually.
>
> And I don't know if this is the expected behaviour or there is a bug or I am
> doing something wrong.
>
> Octavian

Are you using v0.23 of Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema:

perl -MCatalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema -e \
        'print "$Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema::VERSION\n"'

If so, it should create the Result directory and use load_namespaces
instead of load_classes.

If you are seeing something different, please let us know, but my
understanding is that v0.23 should do load_namespaces by default.

Thanks,
Kennedy