[Catalyst] Browser still waiting after completed transfer

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Sat Mar 21 21:27:22 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 04:12:48 pm Christian Lackas wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> currently have a strange problem with a Catalyst app, which I developed
> on Gentoo Linux and now try to deploy on Debian/Lenny. On Debian, the
> browser (Firefox) waits a couple of seconds (~10s) after it has already
> received all content (as shown by Firebug), apparently still waiting for
> something (but Firebug does not show anything else).
> Is it possible that I get a wrong Content-Length header and thus the
> browser waits for the web page to be completely transferred too long?
> Don't see this on Gentoo.
>
>     Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny2 with
> Suhosin-Patch This is perl, v5.10.0 built for x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
>     Module  = Catalyst::Runtime (MRAMBERG/Catalyst-Runtime-5.71000.tar.gz)

Are you running mod_deflate as well? There's a known bug in mod_fastcgi that
causes exactly this kind of problem if mod_deflate is in front of it. It can
be solved by disabling mod_deflate or ensuring that it won't process any
content that mod_fastcgi serves, or by building and installing mod_fastcgi-
SNAP-0811090952.tar.gz

Andrew