[Catalyst] Using Test::Log4perl, testing cat log output only works after firing initial request

Sebastian Willert willert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:48:26 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 15:22 +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:
> Anthony Gladdish wrote:
> > Has anyone else experienced this problem?
> > Should this be happening in this way and is there a fix or workaround?
> >
> > I'm trying to test and iron this out prior to rolling out into production.
> >
> I certainly haven't seen this sort of behavior in my applications.

I am noticing this with the latest versions of Log::Log4perl and
Catalyst::Log::Log4perl. The strangest thing is that the problem
goes as soon as you use
  Log::Log4perl->get_logger('CatLog4perlTest.Controller.TestLogger')
You dont even have to start the request.

Looks like a bug in the interaction between Test::Log4perl and
Log::Log4perl to me but I haven't found anything in the respective
change logs that would warrant such a change in behavior.

I guess Anthony is on the safe side, just issuing the get_logger command
above before starting the tests.

Hope that helps,
  Sebastian