[Catalyst] Announce: HTML::FormHandler

Gerda Shank gs364 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 25 13:35:22 GMT 2009

Bill Moseley wrote:

> Argh.  My apologies to Gerda.  Gerda wanted to convert Form::Processor
> to Moose and had put a lot of work into it.  I couldn't get the
> versions Gerda sent to me to pass the tests on the my applications
> that user Form::Processor. Unfortunately, work took a higher priority
> than changing method makers from Rose::Object to Moose.

It's tough to maintain compatibility with major changes in architecture.
And finding time is always a challenge...
> I missed any discussion of a new module, and its name. I purposely
> didn't use "HTML" in the module name because Form::Processor isn't
> just about building HTML forms.  The existing form modules at the time
> were focused (in part) on HTML generation (which I never need), but
> what I needed was a way to move data in and out of the model layer via
> "forms".  Indeed, my application's API use Form::Processor as well as
> command line scripts -- and there's no HTML in those actions.

FormHandler works the same in this respect--but I do think that
processing HTML forms is the central use case, so I don't think an HTML
in the name will lose many users...

Thanks again for the good work on Form::Processor.

Gerda