[Catalyst] General Web- and OO-question

Andreas Mock Andreas.Mock at web.de
Fri Mar 27 19:49:45 GMT 2009

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: "Scott McWhirter" <scott+catalyst at konobi.co.uk>
> Gesendet: 27.03.09 19:41:38
> An: The elegant MVC web framework <catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk>
> Betreff: Re: [Catalyst] General Web- and OO-question

Hi Scott, hi all,

thank you for your answers. They bring (little) light to my problem. ;-)

> Why try to make your objects work harder than they have to?
>
> If you have a multi-step process, collect all your data along each
> step then initialize your object with the data at the end. If you need
> to do validation along the way, you could reuse the moose type
> constraints in the classes meta information without constructing an
> object.

This is a nice start point. The only thing I'm missing at the moment is
the other questions: Where do I collect the data? In a simple hash?
How can I address the type constraints related to an attribute?
Would you persist the partly collected data to the session?

I'm also intersted in that proxy solution. Is someone using that approach?

Best regards
Andreas