[Catalyst] DELETE through REST and Jemplate

Emmanuel Quevillon tuco at pasteur.fr
Mon Mar 30 15:24:42 BST 2009

Hi,

I am playing with REST and Jemplate from the great Tuts from JRock's
book.
However, I am facing a problem. I understand well how to retrieve
data from a REST url and playing Ajax with it, by a GET method.
However, I don't know how to change the method to DELETE from a
simple link like:

test.js contains:

function remove_item(id){
 Jemplate.process('test.tt2',
		  '[% Catalyst.uri_for("/rest/item/") %]'+id,
		  '#_item');
}

template test.tt2:

false;">Remove item</a>

If I code my template like this, it just do a GET request.
How can I introduce DELETE method  to tell REST API to delete my
item id?

Sorry if my question seems stupid, I am a bit lost.
If anybody has any clue, very welcome.

Regards
--
Emmanuel Quevillon