[Catalyst] Catalyst LDAP SASL

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Mar 31 10:18:16 BST 2009

Walter Vargas wrote:
> I'm working with *Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP and =

> Catalyst::Model::LDAP*,  but i dont want use SSL, i want use SASL how to =

> do that ?

Neither of these support SASL, but it would be easy to add.

Net::LDAP->bind($dn, password =3D> 'password'); # What happens currently
my $sasl_object =3D Net::SASL->new(%p);
Net::LDAP->bind($dn, sasl =3D> $sasl_object);   # What you want to do inste=
ad.

I've attached a nasty, hacky, untested patch to make SASL work. I'm sure =

that you can make it less horrible, make the creation of the =

Authen::SASL object easier / not manual, provide documentation etc...

Cheers
t0m