[Catalyst] Jason Kohles' tutorial on ExtJs editable data gridsandCatalyst

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Fri May 1 10:46:28 GMT 2009

> sub people_data : Local {
>       my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
>
>       my $rs = $c->model( 'AdventAjaxGrid2DB::People' );
>       my @people = ();
>       while ( my $person = $rs->next ) {
>           push( @people, {
>               id          => $person->id,
>               name        => $person->name,
>               affiliation_id => $person->affiliation_id,

I would guess that this line is returning an Affiliation object rather
than the affiliation_id then? You could test it by adding this line
after the push

$c->log->debug('Whats this - '.$person->affiliation_id."\n");

if so then you would have to look at your Model.

Maybe someone with more experience could tell you the likely reason
for this?

HTH

adam