[Catalyst] fastcgi error

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Fri May 1 12:00:58 GMT 2009

On 1 May 2009, at 12:45, gutta wrote:
> I have given the following in my apache config file apache2.conf
>
> FastCgiExternalServer /tmp/bizmo.fcgi -socket
> /var/www/thebizmo/tmp/bizmo.socket

So you told it that the URI http://yourserver/tmp/bizmo.fcgi should be
served by proxying the request to the FastCGI socket located at /var/
www/thebizmo/tmp/bizmo.socket

And yet "perl script/bizmo_fastcgi.pl -l /tmp/bizmo.socket -n 5 -p /
tmp/bizmo.pid -d" tells Catalyst that you want it to listen on a
socket located at /tmp/bizmo.socket

What do you expect Apache to do in this circumstance? Is /tmp
symlinked into /var/www/thebizmo/tmp? I don't recommend you to do this
but I think that is the only way your current configuration would work.

Pick one path and stick to it, you can't just make shit up and expect
the computer to magically know what you mean.

> do i need to change the above configurations u mean?

What do you think the current configuration is meant to do? Unless I'm
missing something, yes, you need to change the current configuration
to be consistent about where the FCGI socket is located.

/joel