[Catalyst] Bad gateway error

Octavian Râşniţă orasnita at gmail.com
Sat May 2 22:41:43 GMT 2009

From: J. Shirley =

  > > Then the Cookbook is wrong. I've never seen anything but a 500 error =
from any web server I've used.

  > If you have a proxy in front, and the backend is down, you get a 502 er=
ror.
  > -J

  If mod_perl is used, it is clear that there could be a reverse proxy or a=
 load balancer in front, that could be also Apache or something else, and i=
n the backend there could be one or more Apache servers using mod_perl.

  But if fastcgi is used... I thought that Apache acts like a reverse proxy=
 server and the backend server is the fastcgi external server that runs the=
 Catalyst app.
  I don't know how would be possible for that front end Apache to run more =
fastcgi external apps.

  Is it necessary to have a 3-parts system when using fastcgi?
  (the front end reverse proxy or load balancer, the back end server that c=
onnects to the fastcgi external server and that external fastcgi server?)

  Octavian