[Catalyst] Application stallling problem

Ian Wells ijw at cack.org.uk
Mon May 4 08:53:50 GMT 2009

2009/5/4  <kakimoto at tpg.com.au>:
> Kieren-
> try running your server under the debugger i.e. script/myapp_server.pl
> -d and hit control-c where the application stalls to see where in the
> code it's stalling.
>
> Hello, Kieren,
>  Good morning. Strangely I tried it and it seems to be acting right.

Another possibility is the one that was mentioned a few days ago - on
Catalyst 5.7, the test server does a reverse DNS lookup on clients.
With a decent DNS setup this should be quick enough for test purposes
(though you'd never do it in production) but with various test setups,
particularly virtual machines in my experience, a broken DNS setup can
take a long time to decide that the lookup won't work.

Assuming your client address is 1.2.3.4, how long does 'nslookup
1.2.3.4' take on your server?

Catalyst 5.8 doesn't do this.  If you're using 5.8 that's not the problem.

--
Ian.