[Catalyst] Slow fastcgi: A debugging aid

Jon Schutz jon+catalyst at youramigo.com
Tue May 5 03:36:52 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 19:56 -0500, Peter Karman wrote:

> Catalyst::Plugin::AutoRestart

Would I be correct in my reading of the code, that since the exit()
happens in handle_request, the request that triggers the restart does
not get served?

I did a similar thing by subclassing FCGI::ProcManager and adding the
restart logic into pm_post_dispatch so the restart does not interfere
with any current requests.  The subclass name is passed to the start-up
script with the -M option.

Would be nicer to be able to do this in a plugin, of course, but I
couldn't at the time see any post-request hooks in Catalyst itself that
could be used to ensure that the full request cycle completes before the
server restarts.

--
Jon Schutz                        My tech notes http://notes.jschutz.net
Chief Technology Officer                        http://www.youramigo.com