[Catalyst] Forward to view question

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:11:23 GMT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Andrew Rodland <arodland at comcast.net> wrote:

> In that example you don't *have* a View::TTprint. Or if you do, it's just
> another subclas of C::V::TT with a different config and search path. No
> overloading, no OUTPUT. You forward to the view, it writes into
> $c->res->body
> like it always does. You take the data out of $c->res->body and write it =
> file, then null out $c->res->body so that RenderView will fill it in later
> using your default_view.
>
> Andrew

Thanks, Andrew, your explanation does help a great deal. The template output
gets written out nicely, now. I feel I do want to use a separate view,
because the files I'm writing out need to have their own templates, images,
etc., so different search paths will help keep things neatly separated.

/dennis