[Catalyst] Tests fail installing Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder [patches attached]

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu May 7 18:43:10 GMT 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 02:45:09PM +0100, Tomas Doran wrote:
> You should just be able to remove the accessor module from the
> inheritance here.
>
> A lot of your changes change NEXT::foo => next::method. Do you really
> mean that, or do you mean maybe::next::method? (especially the one where
> you say if $self->next::can;
>
> Your patch also uses Class::C3, rather than MRO::Compat, so people on
> perl 5.10 will load Class::C3 (which is not needed) - can you use
> MRO::Compat instead? Also, can you add the new dependency to Makefile.PL

Attempt #2 attached - I think it covers everything mentioned above.

Tests still pass.

Running the patch from the top level with "-p 1" should work:

chisel at wiggin:Catalyst-Controller-FormBuilder-0.04-orig$ patch -p 1 --dry-run < ../catalyst-controller-formbuilder.patch
patching file lib/Catalyst/Controller/FormBuilder/Action.pm
patching file lib/Catalyst/Controller/FormBuilder.pm
patching file Makefile.PL
patching file t/lib/TestApp/Component/HTML/Template.pm
patching file t/lib/TestApp/Component/Mason.pm
patching file t/lib/TestApp/Component/TT.pm
chisel at wiggin:Catalyst-Controller-FormBuilder-0.04-orig$

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  SELECT message FROM signatures ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 1;