[Catalyst] Authorization Failure

Oleg Pronin syber.rus at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:54:08 GMT 2009

2009/5/8 Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net>

> Oleg Pronin wrote:
>
>> Not really :-) While in request, browser header is ok, but the task is to
>> be able to authenticate in offline scripts as well - because the control=
lers
>> and etc read logged in user from $c->user.
>> Currently we use workaround - fake $c object + setup $c->request->header
>> for base authentication as it came from browser.
>>

> That's not _too much_ of a hack, given that you've got application logic =
in
> your controllers anyway.
>
> The recommended thing to do is to not have any application logic in your
> controllers (just have web parameter mangling related stuff). If your log=
ic
> is all in the model, then your scripts can deal with authenticating witho=
ut
> having to fake up a web request, or in fact load Catalyst at all, which is
> much nicer, and makes much more sense in a script context..

How do i should in this case read my config in script context ? MyApp
initializes everything - memcached, dbic, uuid, json, etc.
By writing 'use MyApp' i get everything i need. Additionally, MyApp is
complex system which consists of a lot of modules (by means of C3) and is
not only a web framework. I would be nagged if i do not load Catalyst at
all, then i'll have to use every component from script directly writing a
lot of code instead of nice and short 'use MyApp'. I'd say than Catalyst is
not _Web_ framework, it is _everything framwork_. In my own opinion it is
better to make a little difference for scripts
(use MyApp { offline =3D> 1 }) - which will not load web stuff and get start
lighter, but framework will stay with many features for such scripts - for
example, automatic pid file with double execution prevent, wrapping script
for errors detection on log files and many other, i.e. still
framework-driven system,  not script-driven.