[Catalyst] Odd Formbuilder behavior - parsing twice?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat May 9 17:09:41 GMT 2009

Fahd wrote:
 > I've deduced this from the very verbose FormBuilder debug
> output - it shows the same 'generated tag' three time for add, only once
> (and with correct values) for edit.

Hi.

Unfortunately, not that many people use FormBuilder these days, the book
is fairly dated.. :/

I think your best course of action is to take the FormBuilder dist, and
reduce the issue you're seeing to a failing test case.

Currently, I couldn't guess if this is a bug in FormBuilder itself, or
in the Catalyst controller module - if you can provide failing tests,
then you're much more likely to get someone to fix the issue. Try
re-posting your failing tests to the mailing list, and logging them in
the rt.cpan queue for the relevant modules.

If you can't / are struggling to do that for any reason, then my best
recommendation is _still_ filing an RT against the relevant with as much
detail as you can, and having reduced the bug to the minimum size
possible (a TestApp showing the bug is almost as good as 'proper' test
cases).

Sorry I can't give you more help, but I'm not a FormBuilder user.

Cheers
t0m