[Catalyst] Testing controller which require login.

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Fri May 15 13:32:41 GMT 2009

Peter Karman wrote on 05/14/2009 01:51 PM:
> Louis Erickson wrote on 05/14/2009 09:39 AM:
>>
>> I'm using AuthTkt, and it works very well.
>
> glad to hear it.
>
> If you're using AuthTkt, then the whole cookie this is a non-issue. Just
> pass the ticket as a URL param like the tests do. The plugin supports
> both ways (cookie and param).

I should also mention that the AuthTkt plugin has backed-in support for
a mock user, specifically designed for tests and development. Look at
the SYNOPSIS here:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Authentication-AuthTkt/lib/Catalyst/Authentication/AuthTkt.pm

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/