[Catalyst] Installing Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class Breaks Catalyst

kakimoto at tpg.com.au kakimoto at tpg.com.au
Sun May 17 04:21:46 GMT 2009

hello, guys,
  I  have taken a copy of the tute codes which work for authrozation.

1) Created the required db tables in postgresql (made a new database)
2) Changed my lib/MyApp/Model/DB.pm to point to the new database I made
3) populated all the required values.
4) restarted the application
5) Managed to log in but an error message comes up on the web interface:

"Couldn't render template "undef error - role table does not have a
column called role at
/home/kakimoto/projects/esca/MyApp/root/src/books/list.tt2 line 50
"

This is really weird. I am using the same model files as per the tute
(no changes at all) .

Here's  an extract of how my db looks like using pg_dump. I have also
attached a file here.

------------------Extract End----------------------------------
--
-- Name: roles; Type: TABLE; Schema: public; Owner: myapp_user; Tablespace:
--

CREATE TABLE roles (
    id integer NOT NULL,

--
-- Name: user_roles; Type: TABLE; Schema: public; Owner: myapp_user;
Tablespace:

CREATE TABLE user_roles (
    user_id integer NOT NULL,
    role_id integer NOT NULL
);

CREATE TABLE users (
    id integer NOT NULL,
    username text,
    password text,
    email_address text,
    first_name text,
    last_name text,
    active integer
);

Could it be that there's some definition I never declare such that
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class would know which is the
actual "Roles" db table to look at?