[Catalyst] Authorisation

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:07:11 GMT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Ivan Wills <ivan.wills at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried that but still get the same error. It looks like the user_model is
> not being picked up by Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class. I al=
so
> tried getting Catalyst::Runtime 5.80004 but that hasn't helped.
>
> Ivan

I think there are a few problems... one, the documentation for
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class uses the deprecated
'authentication' configuration key.  If you have something else that uses
the current 'Plugin::Authentication' key that will take precedence (and I'm
not sure if they're merged).

So, make sure that all your config for authentication uses the
'Plugin::Authentication' key (__PACKAGE__->config( 'Plugin::Authentication'
=3D> { ... } ) and then move to #2:

Something else is setting user_model to DB::User -- as the original error
message indicates that is the resultset being requested from configuration.

Do a grep through your config for "user_model" and also run a request with
?dump_info=3D1 appended to get the forced Debug screen. While running the
server under debug mode, just http://localhost:3000/?dump_info=3D1 should be
sufficient.  The ?dump_info=3D1 technique will only work on actions that fi=
nd
their way to ActionClass('RenderView'), if you are using REST or a custom
end action you may not get the debug screen.

The ?dump_info will get your config the way Catalyst sees it, which is
better than what you may guess it is ;)

-J