[Catalyst] How and where to run a method at Catalyst start up?

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue May 19 18:41:56 GMT 2009

On 19 May 2009, at 13:01, Emmanuel Quevillon wrote:

> I tried what you mentioned but it didn't change anything
> unfortunately. Has someone in the list another idea what's is going
> wrong?

No idea as we don't know where it's being called from, or why it's
failing.

Try with perl -MDevel::SimpleTrace and post a stack trace.

I'd also recommend you start a new TestApp, and try to make just the
smallest subset of an application you can to demonstrate / prototype
out the functionality you want.

a) This is gonna be easier to debug for you as there are less moving
parts
b) It's then possible to post your app on github or upload a tarball
somewhere, and an interested party could have a play and see if they
can see your issue, without conjecture/guessing, and also without
having to wade through the rest of your application.

Cheers
t0m