[Catalyst] Catalyst and ExtJS : Using Table Relationships

jagdish eashwar jagdish.eashwar at gmail.com
Sun May 24 15:11:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am trying my hand at using Catalyst and the ExtJS Grid (instead of TT). I
am able to fetch data from a single table and display them in the grid. But
I am not able to figure out how I can use the table relationships to fetch,
say, the corresponding item_name for a given item_code and display that in
the grid instead of the item_code.

If I use TT, I use the following to fetch the item_name from another table
in the schema:

[% FOREACH item IN item_stash  %]
[% item.belongs_to_relationship.item_name %]
[% END %]

How is this to be done when one is using the ExtJS Grid? I'm following
mainly Jason Kohles' tutorial which is available at
http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2007/9.

Jagdish Eashwar