[Catalyst] New restarter code in Catalyst::Devel 1.14_01

Rodrigo rodrigolive at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:51:07 GMT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Dave Rolsky <autarch at urth.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 May 2009, Rodrigo wrote:
>
>  Since I needed to have the restarter working badly on that machine in
>> particular, I quickly patched the code with Proc::Background. Something
>> like
>> this:
>>

> I implemented something like this in the latest Catalyst::Devel. I did mo=
re
> thorough testing on Windows and it seems to really work now.
>
> Please give it a shot on your system.
>

> -dave

That's just hack-tastic! Works great. Thanks.

Shame we can't use the new pre-loading functionality on Windows though. I
tested with different versions of things and errors just got nastier and
nastier.

IMO, to be able to pick restarter engines via %ENV was also a necessary
change anyway. Say, in the future we could have a threaded implementation,
and that would be a whole new ballgame for the restarter.

-rodrigo