[Catalyst] ACL Error: deny_access_unless

Gordon Stewart gordon at gorste.plus.com
Mon May 25 19:59:45 GMT 2009

Dear List

Does anyone know where in the catalyst code it contacts the database to
check if a user has the rights in question?  I have looked into the catalyst
code (Catalyst/Plugin/Authorization/ACL/Engine.pm )and found out that the
function in question is returning "Denied" without contacting the database.
I know it is not contacting the database because I have turn on the Mysql
logs and see no sql query.

I am running the most up to date version of the catalyst code (5.8004).

Has any one got roles and ACL working in Catalyst 5.8004

Regards

Gordon Stewart