[Catalyst] Where is the DAO equivalent?

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:52:25 GMT 2009

Hi Jarom,

On 27.05.2009, at 18:59, Jarom Smith wrote:
> $vendor_name})->all;  However, some of these methods are more
> complicated/complex and the proper DBIC invocation to produce an
> equivalent result to my DBI method is more than I would want to try
> to remember or replace each time I need to perform that query.  I
> don't mind re-writing the methods to

I suppose you want "Predefined searches":

http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/Manual/Cookbook.pod#Predefined_searches

If you don't want to manually set your ResultSet classes with -
 >resultset_class take a look at load_namespaces() which will
automatically do this based on two distinct namespaces for
ResultSources and ResultSets:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBIx-Class/lib/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm#load_namespaces

By the way, there's also a dedicated DBIC mailing list for which this
question is probably better suited :)

HTH,
--Tobias