[Catalyst] Looking for a working example using DBIC and Authentication

Simon Baird simon.baird at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:36:29 GMT 2009

> Thanks for the advice. I might start fresh and see if I can pinpoint
> where things went wrong.

Ok, so just now I have:

* Googled and ended up here:
http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/Authentication.pod

* Did the svn checkout as described:
svn co http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/tags/examples/Tutorial/MyApp/5.7/Authentication
MyApp

* Fired it up and I have this in my apache log:
[warn] Authentication::Store::DBIC is deprecated!

* And so when you google that you find:
"This store has been deprecated in favour of
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class. Please do not use this
plugin for new development."

This is pretty close to what happened on the first part of my
adventures except quicker and with with less swearing... :)

Ps, ...I may have figured it out... is it because I should be using
this tutorial?
http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/Catalyst-Manual-5.7014/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/Authentication.pod

simon.baird at gmail.com