[Catalyst] Looking for a working example using DBIC and Authentication

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:49:19 GMT 2009

Hi Simon,

It looks like Google has taken you to some really old versions of the
tutorial.  Try this:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/

You can get back to this point if you go to http://search.cpan.org and
put in "Catalyst Tutorial" or "Catalyst Manual".

Unfortunately, the search in search.cpan.org tends to show some out of
date stuff, especially during times like this where we just repackaged
the name of the tutorial files.  And, even more unfortunate is that
Google seems to routinely send people to truly ancient stuff.  Anyway,
try the link above and let us know if you run into issues.

I'll probably send out another note on this, but if anyone has
suggestion on how to improve the "search situation" for the Catalyst
Manual (both on search.cpan.org and Google), please let me know.  It
may be one of those things we can do nothing about, but I would think
there are probably things that can be done to help on both fronts.
For example, a search for "Catalyst Tutorial" on search.cpan.org shows
a bunch of the 5.7014 stuff near the top... and that's over 7 months
(and 9 releases) old.  Is there a way to "kill off" older releases
like that (or at least push them down in the search results)?

Thanks,
Kennedy