[Catalyst] Question about C:P:Unicode(::Encoding)

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Nov 5 21:24:53 GMT 2009

On 5 Nov 2009, at 05:04, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Great!  And nice work on the upload file names.

For that, you can thank Masahiro Chiba, that part was his patch :)

> I've been using Data::Visitor::Callback to decode the parameters.
> Not sure if it's any better,  but then the keys are decoded as well
> as values.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of the case where you'd want keys as uft8, but
that's perfectly valid.

I'd certainly take a patch to do that, but I'm afraid my enthusiasm
has vanished at the moment :)

> I've said this before, but I think this is something that Catalyst
> core should handle, not left to a plugin.

I'd probably agree with you, at least as a configurable parameter -
some of the things I'm doing now are really horribly breaking
abstraction to get things done..

Branch on 5.80 welcome, although we wouldn't want to change behavior
by default (at least any time soon, or only for new apps)..

Cheers
t0m