[Catalyst] Session and adding cookie headers

Edmund von der Burg edmund.vonderburg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 20:21:26 GMT 2009

2009/11/7 Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org>:
> Is it the intended behavior  to set a cookie any time the session is *fetched* even if nothing is set in the session?

I wouldn't say that it is intended behaviour, but it is behaviour that
is used in the C::P::Session test suite.

When you check for a session using $c->session a session is created
and then persisted on the browser using a cookie. There is no logic to
check if there is anything interesting stored in the session (ie that
it is not a 'null session').

You might want to look at the following code which I wrote a while
back and added to the repo but never released to CPAN - it would just
muddy the waters:

  http://dev.catalystframework.org/repos/Catalyst/Catalyst-Plugin-Session/0.00/branches/high_performance/

It tries not to do anything silly :)

Cheers,