[Catalyst] Strange warning...

Steve Rippl rippls at woodlandschools.org
Fri Nov 20 18:40:34 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 18:19 +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:

> You're either passing in the full class name (i.e.
> WsdSis::Controller::Section is wrong, you want to just pass Section), or
> you've got a singular vs plural issue?
>
> Can you show us the code around line 50 which is fingered by the warning
> message?
>
> I note that message isn't too helpful, and has been improved in the next
> release of Catalyst..
>
> Cheers
> t0m

Well I definitely missed the s on Sections (doh!), but when I put that
in I got

[warn] Used regexp fallback for
$c->controller('WsdSis::Controller::Sections'), which found
'WsdSis::Controller::Sections'. Relying on regexp fallback behavior for
component resolution is unreliable and unsafe. You probably meant
$c->controller('WsdSis::Controller::Sections') instead of
$c->controller({'WsdSis::Controller::Sections'}), but if you really
wanted to search, pass in a regexp as the argument like so:
$c->controller(qr/WsdSis::Controller::Sections/)
at /srv/WsdSis/script/../lib/WsdSis/Controller/Login.pm line 50

When I change line 50 to

$c->response->redirect($c->uri_for($c->controller('Sections')->action_for('list')));

it stops warning me.  Not sure where I got the idea to put
WsdSis::Controller::Sections (with the plural would help), so it's wrong
to pass in a full class name?

Thanks to all that responded so quickly!

Steve

--
Steve Rippl
Technology Director