[Catalyst] namespace problem

gutta mohan at thebizmo.com
Sat Nov 21 13:46:49 GMT 2009

Moritz Onken wrote:

> Am 21.11.2009 um 16:34 schrieb gutta:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to use "use parent 'MyApp::Controller::Root';"
>>
>> instead of use parent 'Catalyst::Controller'; in all my other
>> controllers(for ex: User.pm).
>>
>> The reason is that Root.pm is already inheriting Catalyst::Controller.
>>
>> But when i do this catalyst dispatcher is considerting all controller
>> actions in my other controllers under namespace ''.
>>
>> But if i declare __PACKAGE__->config->{namespace} = 'user'; its working
>> as
>> expected.
>
> You can try to set it to undef, so that the controller namespace magic can
> happen.
> But not sure if this is working. Worth a try, though.
>
> A better solution would be to create a base class MyApp::Controller::Base
> which does not set the namespace so that you only need to set it in the
> root controller.
>
> moritz
> Searchable archive:

Hi Mortiz,
Thank you for your response.

So you want me to write a MyApp/lib/Controller/Base.pm as follows.

package MyApp::Controller::Base;

use strict;
use warnings;

use parent 'Catalyst::Controller';

#
# Sets the actions in this controller to be registered with no prefix
# so they function identically to actions created in MyApp.pm
#

=head1 NAME

MyApp::Controller::Base - Base Controller for MyApp

=head1 DESCRIPTION

[enter your description here]

=cut

1;

and will do "use parent 'MyApp::Controller::Base';" instead of my previous
statement "use parent 'MyApp::Controller::Root';"

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mohan